Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Client Projects from this Weekend

I tend to get more clients that need design work done - logos, websites, blog design, that sort of thing. And I love it. But, sometimes it's nice to get away from the computer and do some work with my hands. Luckily, I had 2 clients gave me such an opportunity this weekend.

First, a very dear friend of mine told me about a lady she works with whose daughter just had triplets. (Can you imagine?!) There are 2 boys and 1 girl. Because all of their names start with M, the lady said it was like having her own little bag of M & Ms, only she got 2 peanut and 1 plain. My friend came up with the idea to make little onesies with M & Ms on them, and I got to make them! I am beyond happy with the way they turned out. Here - take a look!
Aren't they adorable? I am so, so happy with the way they turned out. I hope my friend is as happy as I am with them. :) What do you think? Should I add tutu onesies to the shop? Would people buy them? Would you buy them?

The second item I got to make was a covered travel wipes case. I have a ball making these, and I've never made 2 that look the same. Here's how this one turned out:
The client told me she wanted "black and white and totally glam." I added a few Swarovski crystals to give it the "glam" look. I hope she loves it. Ashley loved it so much that she asked if I would make her a school supply box out of the same material. So for her birthday, I'll be giving her the whole shebang - an art box, a pencil holder, and anything else I can find to cover in this material.

Maybe I should start hosting some giveaways on blogs for tangible items rather than services. What do you think?

Thanks for letting me share. Be sure to stop by the shop and see us. Oh, and if you haven't guessed - I love to take custom orders! Just drop me a line and let me know what you're looking for!

2 comments:

  1. Those M&M onesies are adorable! How appropriate for triplets with names starting with the letter M!

    mfalcon13@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable! And I think tutu onsies are a great idea!

    ReplyDelete